Land Rover 75th Anniversary Rally : Wheels at Wanaka, Easter 2023
Join us for Wheels at Wanaka 2023 to celebrate the 75th birthday of what many consider to be the
world’s most iconic off-road vehicle built since 1948!
Like the OXFORD Rally, held in conjunction with Wheels at Wanaka 2021, we’re planning an action packed 75th Anniversary Rally prior to Wheels, with exclusive off-road safaris, exploring seldom accessed high-country stations around Wanaka, (again as fund-raisers for Wanaka Search and Rescue).
Planning for the event is well under way. Here’s a taster of our programme:
• Tuesday 4th April from 2pm: Registration, welcome, meet and greet, followed by a BBQ with 75th
anniversary birthday cake: All at the Wheels at Wanaka 2023 venue, Three Parks, Wanaka.
• Wednesday 5th, Thursday 6th and Good Friday 7th April: Multiple safari options over 3 days.
• Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th April: Displays, parades & NEW 4WD play pit at Wheels at Wanaka.
• Saturday 8th April (5pm to 11pm): “Shakedown in the Shed” entertainment with exhibitors
• Easter Monday 10 April: Head for home, with possibly other off-road excursions enroute.
• We’ll be launching a new online entry system soon: This will combine both Wheels at Wanaka
entry and L75 Rally payment options into one entry port. We’ll also contact those who’ve
already entered for Wheels 2023.
• Merchandise: New T-shirts, caps and vehicle stickers, featuring Sean Marr’s NZ tribute to HUE166
will be available soon via the Wheels at Wanaka SHOP. This will be by pre-purchase only.
NO merchandise will be available for purchase at the event.
• Each entry received before 31st January 2023, will receive one free vehicle sticker.
Get your accommodation sorted NOW!
• Accommodation in Wanaka for Easter 2023 is highly sought after, and already in short supply.
We recommend that you make bookings asap.
• Our dear friends at the Outlet Holiday Park have again reserved the Patiki camping area
exclusively for our LR75 team. Please email Amy Pearl email@example.com for details.
(Please note: Their website advises that they’re closed until 1st December, but Amy will respond if
you mention “LR75” with your booking request).
• Alternatively, Wheels at Wanaka has a campground, but only for fully self-contained camper vans
and caravans. Please note: Wheels at Wanaka is a NO dog event.
We’ll have Newsletter #2 out shortly once the Wheels website has been updated for registrations and shop purchases.
Check out: https://www.facebook.com/groups/630245621144233/permalink/1287295802105875/
In the meantime, if you need any further info, please contact:
Rod Corbett - Mobile: 027 433 8772 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org